Monday, July 18, 2011

Freewrite

Normally, a free write would not be difficult for me. I would absolutely love being given free reign to mindlessly blabber my thoughts for others to see and hopefully chuckle at. This free write is aimed at finding a purpose/topic for my upcoming paper and I have been told that abortion is not a good idea. Being that my last paper was based on an advertisement for a car, which is pretty much the most boring topic one could possibly choose, I would like to choose something absolutely awesome for this paper. It needs to be something that I will enjoy researching and writing about to break free from the ball and chain of mundane paper assignments. Since I am not sure of what this paper will be aimed at doing, I must simply write down possible topics to explore based on the mystery objective. My interests in life lie in extreme sports, science and math, and anything bizarre or odd. From these categories I can concoct ideas ranging from Mount Ararat, to the benefit of quantum mechanics in society, to the lifestyles of Shaolin monks. I believe I am supposed to debate an issue in this paper since abortion was given as an example. Therefore, my next proposal will be the use of subliminal messaging in advertising. Since rhetoric has been the focus of this class since the beginning, I believe this to be an appropriate topic. There should be a lot of usable information on the subject and it is very interesting. This may not be the topic which I end up using for my paper, but for this five minute free write I find myself proud of coming up with such an intriguing idea. Not only is this idea exciting, but it relates to our focus on rhetoric in advertising and should provide a good avenue for research.

1 comment:

  1. Nicely done, Brandon. I like reading your unique line of thought!

    ReplyDelete