Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Writing

Thus far, my writing has pretty much been on target with what Mr. B himself said to do. I just sit down and write. I wrote my whole paper in two separate sittings and although I plan to go back and revise a good bit, I found that my ideas flowed most gracefully without a break in thought. I wrote an outline for my paper, did a bit of research, then just let all my ideas come together in a hopefully effective fashion. In order to best write I prefer to be sitting upright in a room with music. A quiet room does not let me focus in because I have way too many crazy thoughts that pop into my head whereas music keeps me focused on the task at hand. I prefer to have a tall, cool glass of water by my side but I am always scared of it spilling on my computer so I usually keep it within a standing reach distance of my desk. Liquids keep me hydrated and I feel as though I consume more than the average person at college, which could be due to the fact that I have a pi shaped ice tray and they produce the coolest ice on Earth. That may have been a massive digression but I do really need water by my side to write and the best thing for me is to have an extended period to sit down and get it all done at once. I prefer to write a paper, read through it once checking solely for grammatical errors, then come back later and revise it for content, structure, etc.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a really interesting process. Water to make it all flow...

    And pi shaped ice cubes! I have to see this!

    Not everyone uses outlines, and the folks that do are a peculiar kind of people.

    ReplyDelete